Tuesday 1 March 2016

Against the Ogre Horde!: Update 15

So I am a failure....

I wanted to get the last two minis done by the end of the month...as it is March first and I have not jumped for joy at my successful completion of an army project I have been working, off and on, for 4 years.  I am, indeed, a failure.

But I am on track to get this done by the end of the week.  By then I will be free!  Free to pursue other projects!  So here is my Ogre Battle Standard Bearer.


I had to cut off the sword arm, drill a hole through it (getting it to go straight was a miracle), slip brass rod through it that was also a size too big.  Make a cross guard with ANOTHER piece of brass rod and glue/green stuff it together. Then drape a piece of plasticard over it and shape it using the heat from my oven burner.  He turned out much better then expected so I'm glad I can add him to my collection.

Now that that is done we are on to the last piece of the puzzle.  THE GENERAL!


Yes, that is the Limited Edition, Army Box only, Ogre Tyrant.  I don't want to talk about how much I spent on him.  Especially since someone had hacked off the gun and put a cheesy and way to small axe in his hand.  I decided to use the sword I cut off the BSB to fix the weapon issue.

Time to spray him and paint him...ALMOST DONE!

-Commodus

No comments:

Post a Comment